One week after the Austrian Grand Prix, Esponsorama Racing will dispute the Grand Prix of Styria this weekend at the same Red Bull Ring – Spielberg.

Johann Zarco went under surgery on Wednesday after the big crash during the race last Sunday due to a fractured scaphoid in his right hand. The French rider will have to undergo a medical check-up tomorrow as, by regulation, this check-up must take place at least 48 hours after the operation, so he will not be able to return to the track until Saturday if he is declared fit. Besides, after declaring today with the stewards for the incident that occurred last weekend, Zarco is waiting for the resolution of the case.

For his part, Tito Rabat, who race after race is showing great progress and improving his feeling on the Ducati Desmosedici GP19, will have another chance after finishing close to the points at the Austrian Grand Prix.

Tito Rabat will return to action tomorrow at the Red Bull Ring – Spielberg for the first two free practices of the Styria Grand Prix, awaiting Johann Zarco’s medical check-up to see if he is fit to return to the track on Saturday.

“The operation was good. Now I need to wait 48 hours for the medical check, so tomorrow I will not ride the bike, I hope I can do it on Saturday. After the surgery I’m getting better, but I don’t feel ready yet to ride. I hope that waiting 24 hours more I will feel better and I can do some laps on Saturday to improve the feelings with the bike. To miss tomorrow the two free practices it’s not a big drama because we have last week references and the bike is fast in this track. Today I had the meeting with stewards to explain everything well about the overtake to Morbidelli and contrast it with the data. I didn’t do anything crazy so I hope they understand this, and we will wait to the final decision.”

“Second week in Austria. The first week it was difficult to get a stability because of the bad track conditions in FP1, then in the second and third free practice with rain, so it was a bit difficult to focus, but this weekend we will have a clean track. It seems that on Friday and Saturday the weather will respect us, so we will have to take advantage of it and focus on getting a good set-up for Sunday.”